Fall 2016 Teaching Schedule:
|83986||FIN||3154||Corporate Finance||T R||2:00p||3:15p||MCB||209|
|83987||FIN||3154||Corporate Finance||T R||12:30p||1:45p||MCB||329|
Spring 2017 Office Hours:
Education and Certification:
Ph.D., University of Chicago, 2007
M.B.A., University of Chicago, 2006
Dr. Xu currently teaches Corporate Finance at the undergraduate and doctoral levels. She previously taught at Purdue University at the undergraduate, Master, and doctoral levels and had won teaching honors.
Dr. Xu’s research interests are in empirical corporate finance and corporate governance. Her research has been published in top-tier peer-reviewed scholarly journals, including the Journal of Financial Economics, the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, the Journal of Accounting and Economics, and the Journal of Accounting Research. Her research has been featured by the Wall Street Journal, the Harvard Law School Forum and other news media.
Dr. Xu won the best paper award, the William F. Sharpe Award, in the 2015 Volume of the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis. In addition to publication in scholarly journals, her research has been accepted and presented at research conferences such as the American Finance Association and Western Finance Association annual meetings and the National Bureau of Economic Research meetings. She has also been invited to present her work at peer research universities. She has served as a referee for top research journals and conferences as well. She is a member of the American Finance Association and Western Finance Association.
(All papers can be downloaded from SSRN Author Page):
- Mara Faccio, and Jin Xu, Taxes, capital structure choices, and equity value, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, forthcoming.
- Jin Xu, and Jun Yang, Golden hellos: Signing bonuses for new top executives, Journal of Financial Economics, 122(1), October 2016, pages 175-195.
- Mara Faccio, and Jin Xu, Taxes and capital structure, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis 50(3), June 2015, pages 277-300. Lead article. (Winner of the William F. Sharpe Award.)
- David J. Denis, and Jin Xu, Insider trading restrictions and top executive compensation, Journal of Accounting and Economics 56(1), July 2013, pages 91-112.
- P. Raghavendra Rau, and Jin Xu, How do ex-ante severance pay contracts fit into optimal executive incentive schemes?, Journal of Accounting Research 51(3), June 2013, pages 631-671.
- Jin Xu, Profitability and capital structure: Evidence from import penetration, Journal of Financial Economics 106(2), November 2012, pages 427-446.