Department of Finance
Pamplin College of Business
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Office: Pamplin 2121
Spring 2013 Teaching Schedule:
Spring 2013 Office Hours:
Education and Certification:
- Ph.D. in Finance, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (exp. May 2013)
- M.Sc. in Mathematics, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University(2009)
- M.A. in Economics, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University(2008)
- M.Sc. in Banking & Financial Management University of Piraeus, Greece (2005)
- B.Sc. in Banking & Financial Management, University of Piraeus, Greece, (2002)
Nikolaos Artavanis is a Ph.D. Candidate in Finance from Virginia Tech. He received his Bachelor and Masters degrees in Finance from University of Piraeus (Greece) and continued his studies in Economics (M.A.) and Mathematics (M.Sc.) at Virginia Tech.
His research interests t lie in the fields of Asset Pricing with focus on downside risk measures and Financial Economics with emphasis on financial crises.
He has taught several Economic and Finance courses, as Portfolio Theory, Investments, Money and Banking, in both undergraduate and graduate level and received the Meir I. Schneller Teaching Award in 2012. He has received many honors and scholarships for his teaching and research activity, including the Pamplin Research Award in 2012.
He is a member of the Assembly of Representatives of the Economic Chamber of Greece since 2004.